Saturday, April 28, 2012

28 Days Until Calgary Half-Marathon!

 

I think this is the highest weekly mileage I’ve ran in recent months, but I feel great so far.  I took it easy today with a quick 3 miles (+ some intervals) on the treadmill.  I’m going out to eat at Nan Restaurant with the bf tonight so I plan on loading up on some pad-thai before my 11-miler tomorrow morning. 

I’m still trying to figure out my fueling strategy before long runs.  Tomorrow I’m probably going to have toast with pb and cinnamon and banana about 45 minutes before I head out.  The tricky thing for me is striking a balance between something that is substantial enough so I won’t feel like passing out in the middle of my run but not so heavy that my stomach throws a hissy fit.  I’m also going to bring some (50%-off Easter) jelly beans to munch on around mile 7, and hopefully that will allow me to finish the last few miles at a good pace. 

In other news, I tried nutritional yeast earlier this week and it was NASTY.  NOPE NOPE NOPE not a fan.  It reminded me of fish food.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment